Thursday, January 28, 2010

Beyond the Believable.

Today while driving to work, I was listening to garbage talk radio.
They were bantering back and forth about a recall on my make of car.
Apparently, the accelerators to some cars have been "sticking,"
causing cars to speed-up without the ability to stop.

It caused me to daydream, more than usual, about crashing my car.

A near life experience.

Like Tyler.

So, I started accelerating, on purpose.
Just to see.
80 came up quick. Then 85.
87 mph brought on some shaking of the steering wheel.
At 90 I had a hard time controlling the swerves,
it is Minnesota in the winter after all.
At 100 I spun wildly.
I saw a woman's face singing switch to screaming as I passed
by her Buick going backwards.
Backwards, and spinning.

I think she dropped her cigarette into her lap, but I'm not sure.

I turned up the stereo and decided to go out listening to
that morning show REALLY loudly.

But, the most unbelievable thing happened.

My car started going the right way, in its own lane,
at 100 mph, and I had control. I figured that since I didn't
crash, that I would slowly let off the gas, and show up
for work.

Having driven at such high speeds for so long,
I figured I'd be REALLY early, but it only ended up being
a couple minutes earlier than usual.
Even still, I don't like being early, so I listened to the radio a little
while longer, and eventually walked in.

It is Beyond the Believable.

No comments:

Post a Comment